- About Donna
Donna shares one of her recipes to us– Garlic Potato Wedges.
The content below is reposted from Cookmunity by Ajinomoto Philippines. Donna is an official endorser of Crispy Fry.
Say hello to your kids’ new favorite merienda ngayong summer! Make something tastier than regular fries with Donna’s Garlic Potato Wedges using Crispy Fry!
1 pack (62g) CrispyFry® Garlic Breading Mix
1kg Potato, cut into wedges
1 liter Cooking oil
Bacon Aioli Dip
5 cloves (10g) Garlic, minced
2 teaspoons (8g) Cane vinegar
1pc (25g) Egg yolk
3/4 cup (177ml) Olive oil
5 slices (40g) Bacon, fried, minced
to taste Salt
to taste Pepper
1. MIX. Mix the garlic, vinegar, and egg yolk in a mixing bowl. Using a wire whisk, beat the ingredients until the mixture becomes thick and foamy. Slowly, add olive oil while whisking. Mix in the crispy bacon and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
1. COAT. Coat the potato with CrispyFry® Garlic Breading Mix and set aside.
2. FRY. On a pot or deep pan, pour oil and let it heat up to 350°F temperature. Start frying the potatoes slowly for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure to maintain the temperature between 300°F-350°F.
3. PAT DRY. Before serving, pat dry the potato wedges on a tray with kitchen tissue.
1. Make sure to pour the oil slowly while whisking to fully incorporate it in the mixture.
2. For the dip, use odorless good fat oil like light olive oil. Consuming too much “bad fat” oil like vegetable oil may harm your health.
3. Pat dry the potatoes before coating them.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Serving Size: 165g (1 cup)
Number of Servings: 4-5 servings
Calories per serving: 629 kcal
Carbohydrates (g): 43
Proteins (g): 8.1
Fat (g): 47.6
Dietary Fiber (g): 3.3
Calcium (mg): 87
Iron (mg): 2.9
Sodium (mg): 833
Preparation and Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
Total Recipe Cost: Php 444.98
Cost per Serving: Php 89